AISHA .K
FOR FLEA SAKE
Saturday, March 23, 2013

 photo 01_zps47f3cb42.jpg

"Add this to the list of places we shouldn't go to."

It took us awhile to find Liz. Only he would understand why when he made that statement, taking into account the bad experience we both had at Ion. Haha!

But if you are reading this, Wayne Wong, I just would like you to know that I appreciate the littlest things you do for me. 

 photo 05_zps1839eff4.jpg

If you haven't actually heard of it, there was a flea at Clarke Quay Central Fountain Square on the 15th and 16th March (Friday and Saturday), from 5 - 11.p.m.  (I was there on Saturday.) In collaboration with For Flea Sake, Social Creatives had a mini Art workshop for people of all ages. An Art workshop where you purchase an A4 size canvas (be it a plain canvas or one with an already drawn template) and paint at only $10. Not only that! You get to bring home your paintings too!

But of course, I felt this workshop was targeted more towards the kids. (Best remedy to curb their whining; keep them busy while the adults do the shopping.)

 photo 06_zps0eecaea4.jpg  photo 07_zps55c4d839.jpg  photo 08_zps7ae91b74.jpg  photo 09_zpse1d16fc2.jpg

"Personally, I feel that your artwork is worth more than a mere $10. But I am paying you for having let me see your artwork."

Hearing these words coming from a stranger, and in that moment, I stood there with the Audrey Hepburn painting still in my hand, and a $10 note, the feeling was indescribable. It means a lot to me for anyone to at the very least, take a moment and appreciate my painting. He was the only person who did not turn me down when everyone else did. It is difficult expressing my utmost gratitude for this man; for this stranger.

God bless you.
 

 photo 10_zpseea19622.jpg

Lei Gong. Alex. Sam.

I feel silly, and self-deprecating admitting this. I get really anxious when meeting people for the first time. I worry our conversation will be plagued with awkward silence. But with them, it was otherwise.

Lei Gong and Alex - They are both from China. Sam, on the other hand, is from India. Really nice people!


Featuring The Mr and Mrs

 photo 11_zpsaf676d2f.jpg  photo 12_zpseccccfef.jpg

Kit Kat

 photo 13_zps7c714396.jpg

Cake Pop

 photo 14_zps5433864f.jpg

Lollipop

 photo 15_zpsd9ae348f.jpg

Marshmallow Pop

If just the sight of these sweet array of candies have sent your taste buds into a frenzy (like it did for me), and if you are in search of something to sweeten up your birthday party, or wedding, or any event in particular, fret not!

The Mr Mrs (click to be directed to 'The Mr Mrs') is here to your rescue!

I thought they were one of the few booths during the flea that stood out, and that I felt it was best if I could share with you avid readers. 

 photo 17_zps76059e18.jpg  photo 18_zps355b740c.jpg  photo 19_zps312f6dcd.jpg  photo 20_zps79b85152.jpg

The following day, Wayne said he would try asking his aunt (an authentic art collector / re-seller), if she was still looking to buy paintings.

"She is not purchasing any artwork anymore as the lease for her shop is ending. However, she said your painting is worth at least a few thousand dollars if she were to buy it from you."

The best weekend I have had so far!


 photo AishaKBach_zpsshoqfoix.jpg


Aisha K. | Singapore

ASK - ask.fm/boxnlocks


LET'S HANG

Aisha .K's Facebook Aisha .K's Twitter Aisha .K's Instagram Aisha .K's Email

AK
Follow my blog with Bloglovin


COPYRIGHT © -2015 AISHAKBACH
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED